There's no arguing Match of The Day today. If Chelsea are to provide a challenge to Manchester City for their Premier League crown then they need to go to The Etihad and win at lunchtime today.
Thomas Tuchel's side have fallen 10 points behind City and simply cannot afford to allow the gap to become any bigger.
Both squads are still having to cope with players isolating as well as players representing their country at African Cup of Nations but it shouldn't affect the quality on show.
City (4/6) have gone in to overdrive since their surprise 2-0 defeat at home to Crystal Palace, and have won 11 consecutive Premier League matches.
Chelsea (4/1) have been pretty impressive too, losing just once in 15 league matches since their defeat to City earlier in the season. But too many draws (six of those 15) has left them with a bit of a mountain to climb.
Chelsea have failed to score before the 28th minute in their last nine Premier League matches which makes no goal before 28:00 attractive at 5/6 with Bet365 but the same can't be said about Man City who have scored inside the first 17 minutes in five of their last seven league games. But today's match could be a bit cagier so that 5/6 could be worth taking.
There'll be an expectant crowd at St James' Park where new signing Chris Wood is likely to make his debut for Newcastle. The New Zealand striker is 13/10 to mark his debut with a goal but Watford will have other ideas.
The Hornets have lost six in a row but have a strong record in this fixture, losing just one of the last 10 meetings and winning three of their last five games at St James' Park in all competitions.
The Magpies are just too short to be backing at 1/1, after all they've won just once in 19 league matches. Neither side can keep a clean sheet so BTTS at 4/6 is as good a bet as any.
Nottingham Forest scored a memorable win over Arsenal last weekend but if you'd followed their progress under Steve Cooper it wouldn't have been that much of a surprise. They'll be looking to build on that with a win at Millwall and can be backed in the Draw No Bet market a 6/5.
Across Europe Juve, PSG and Benfica are all at home to sides in the bottom half of their respective leagues. They're all very short prices to win but collectively add up for a treble that pays just over even money.
- Man City v Chelsea – No Goal before 28:00 mins 5/6 Bet365
- Newcastle v Watford – BTTS – 4/6 Bet365
- Nottingham Forest – Draw No Bet 6/5 Bet365
- Euro Treble – Juventus, PSG & Benfica 1/1 Bet365
Upcoming Match Previews & Tips
- Saturday’s Goals Accumulator Tips: Today's 4/1 Both Teams to Score, Over 2.5 Goals & Total Team Goals Acca
- Scott Allot's Euro Tips: Juve set for swift response
- European BTTS Tips: Goals in Germany, Portugal & Holland
- Desmond’s Goals Tips: BTTS, To Score 2+, Over 2.5 Goals and 70/1 Goals Acca Tips
- EFL Bet of the Weekend: Wycombe vs Oxford Promises Goals
- SlipsTips Tips: Kelty Hearts vs Edinburgh City Bet Builder
- Mark Walker's Scottish Tips: Spiders Can Get Back to Winning Ways
- Sat 12:30 Manchester City v Chelsea
- Sat 12:30 Luton Town v AFC Bournemouth
- Sat 15:00 Burnley v Leicester
- Sat 15:00 Newcastle United v Watford
- Sat 15:00 Norwich City v Everton
- Sat 15:00 Wolverhampton Wanderers v Southampton
- Sat 16:00 Nigeria v Sudan
- Sat 17:30 Aston Villa v Manchester United
- Sat 19:00 Guinea Bissau v Egypt
- Sat 19:45 Juventus v Udinese
- Sat 20:00 PSG v Brest
- Sun 14:00 Liverpool v Brentford
- Sun 14:00 West Ham v Leeds United
- Sun 16:30 Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal
- Mon 19:45 Celtic v Hibernian
Today's Racing Tips
Rizzel has picked out six selections for Saturday's racing, three from both Kempton and Warwick.
As always, let us know your tips and predictions for today in the comments section below and good luck with all your bets!
The post Saturday’s Football Tips: Lunchtime Showdown Serves up Bet of the Day appeared first on MrFixitsTips.