With the growing popularity of eSports and online gaming in general, an increasingly popular betting market for online betting on Dota2, Star Craft 2, LoL and CS: GO has emerged. Below we will provide you eSports live odds together with a brief insight into eSports betting as well as useful explanations and tips for these specific betting markets.
eSports and betting
Many people still do not consider eSports and the corresponding events to be really classic sports. And even if one can discuss the pros and cons of this for a long time, one can hardly avoid it due to the growth of the entire industry.
With the internet becoming an even stronger part of our lives, it seems logical that more and more people want to play online games and compete in the corresponding competitions. This is particularly evident in the increased sponsorship for games and players, larger eSports tournaments, and growing numbers of spectators both online and offline.
All of this means that the industry continues to grow and is also gaining in importance in the classic sports environment – it is not for nothing that numerous national and international football clubs now maintain their own eSports departments.
And like every sport, eSports also ensures that people are enthusiastic about the sport and want to place bets on events. And so nowadays there are already many online games with different betting offers – from bets on tournament winners to winners of individual matches to individual game rounds.
What is e-sports / ESports / eSports /?
First of all, there are – as the title already suggests – a variety of different spellings for the topic. Ultimately, however, it always refers to one and the same thing. It is understood to mean the sporting competition between players in a computer game or video game such as a football simulation game.
Depending on the type of game or game mode, players compete individually or in teams. For example, while in the first-person shooter “Counter Strike Global Offensive (CS: GO) ” teams of five players duel, in the fantasy game “Hearthstone” players are on their own.
The games often have very different themes and concrete goals. The most popular game genres in the field of eSports certainly include “FPS” (First Person Shooter) such as “Counter-Strike” and “MOBA” (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena) such as “League of Legends”, “Dota 2” or “Smite”. Strategy games (RTS – Real-time Strategy) such as Star Craft 2 are also very popular in some cases and are suitable for Esports competitions.
Basically, the competitions take place either online or as tournaments in large halls or even arenas where the players are connected to each other via LAN (Local Area Network). The advantage of this is a level playing field for the players, as possible delays due to the players’ internet connection are avoided.
In summary, eSports competitions or eSports, in general, do not differ in terms of the basic idea from usual sports such as football, basketball, or ice hockey.
After all, in the end, eSports is simply about determining a winner in a competitive mode.
##What can be bet on in eSports?
Similar to usual sports betting, there are many different betting markets for eSports – different computer games with a variety of leagues and tournaments. Depending on the type of game, players can bet on different events and options. With the growing industry, the selection of betting options is also constantly increasing here.
We present the most important ones below:
Mostly in “Best of 3 or 5 Maps” mode. This means you choose between team 1 or 2 who wins more maps (rounds) and thus the match. In some games with “Best of 1”, such as in CS:GO, draws are also possible, as a match can end 15-15, for example.
Win at least 1 map:
Only in matches with at least the “Best of 3” mode. You can choose this if you don’t think a team will win, but you think they will win at least one map.
At major tournaments, there is often the option to place a bet on the winner of the respective tournament at the beginning – e.g. at the League of Legends World Championship.
Esports betting also offers the possibility of betting live on a match. Especially if the supposed favorite starts badly in a match, exciting odds may show up as a result.
Here, too, the same principle applies as with normal sports bets. You bet on the winner of a match and send them into the duel with an advantage or disadvantage. In matches with 3+ cards, you can bet on a team with a -1.5 handicap. In a “Best of 3 Match” your team should win with 2-0.
Reach the final:
Another long-term bet where you bet that your chosen team will make it to the final of the tournament.
Depending on the size of the tournament, league or match, there are different betting options for you. Look out for different events to see if there is the right event with the right odds for you.
eSports – facts, figures and data
The eSports industry is already bigger than you might think. Even though the industry is still very young compared to traditional sports – the beginnings of professional structures start at the end of the 2000s – from a financial point of view it has already outgrown its infancy. Worldwide eSports revenue was already at 865 million US dollars in 2018 and is expected to grow to 1.79 billion by 2022.
This is mainly due to a growing following. From the current 395 million viewers worldwide, the number of consumers of eSports is expected to rise to up to 640 million in the next 3 years. Not surprisingly, as current surveys show. On average, one in five young Africans has already seen an eSports game, and in younger generations such as the 16 to 24-year-olds, the figure is already over 40 percent.
The growing popularity of eSports is mainly due to the fact that more and more people are coming into contact with eSports and even know what it is or that something like this exists in this form. In Africa, the proportion of internet users who are familiar with eSports and know what it is all about was around 29%. If you take into account that the proportion in the younger age groups was sometimes over 50%, this figure will also continue to rise in the next few years.
As these figures show, the potential of the entire sector is far from exhausted and there will certainly be exciting developments in this area in the future.
eSports Betting – Tips and Strategy
With a constantly growing market, there are also more and more options for players in the betting sector. We have the most important tips and tricks for you.
- eSports Betting Tip 1 – Bet on games you know! It is always easier to bet on something you know. Therefore, we recommend that you play the game titles you want to bet on yourself in order to better assess the chances of winning. You should know the main objectives of the game and how to achieve them.
- eSports Betting Tip 2 – Watch out for new teams! This can be an opportunity, especially in strategy games. Newer teams usually play a little unconventional and can sometimes surprise older teams that stick to their usual strategies. Wins at high odds are accordingly possible here.
- eSports Betting Tip 3 – Follow eSports games live! Sometimes the statistics at the end of a match give the wrong impression about the actual course of the game. If, for example, a CS:GO match ends with a score of 16-8, this does not automatically mean that one team had no chance. Small things may have played a role. So get your own impression and use this for your tips on upcoming events.
- eSports Betting Tip 4 – Follow players and teams on social media! Always stay up to date – for example, to know if a team has signed a new player. This is especially important in eSports, as there are hardly any restrictions on player transfers. A new player in a team can mean a completely new game strategy and significantly influence the game of a team. Important news also includes information on sick or injured players as well as possible substitutes.
- eSports Betting Tip 5 – Check out forums and blogs! Keep up to date with the latest news on forums and follow match commentators on different channels, as they often give a good insight into different teams or players. You can also get tips on different games from experts who know the scene on forums or blogs. Get valuable information from as many different sources as possible to get a differentiated impression of relevant events and developments.
Ultimately. The more research you do on eSports, the easier it will be for you to bet on the right games and place the right bet.
Want to try it out right away and bet on eSports – we recommend 22bet?