Here we go! The wait is over. 12 months later that planned, we're ready for a festival of football. Bring it on!
Euro 2020 kicks-off tonight in Rome where Italy host Turkey in the tournament curtain raiser. It's the first of 51 games over the next 30 days that'll culminate in Scotland being crowned European Champions on July 11th! 😉
But seriously, there's always something special about major football tournaments and although this is one will be held in a unique set of circumstances it promises to be a cracker with six or seven nations in with a serious chance of winning the 16th edition of the European Championships.
Many people's idea of a dark horse this time around are Turkey, who go into the tournament in fine goalscoring form. Senol Gunez' side have found the net on 14 occasions in their last six matches but come up against one of the most misrly defences in international football.
Roberto Mancini's side have conceded just once in their last ten, in a 1-1 draw with the Netherlands back in October. 2-0 has been a popular scoreline for the Azzuri and it's 11/2 to land again. Italy are short enough at 1/2 to win but to Win to Nil they're a bit more attractive at 11/10.
Dutchman Danny Makkelie will be the man in the middle and will no doubt look to keep a lid on the tournament opener but he has a reputation for pointing to the spot, awarding 0.56 penalties per match last season – effectively one every two matches. With VAR in play the 7/4 on penalty being awarded could pay on Friday and throughout the tournament.
Don't forget to get your ante-post bets placed before Friday night's big kick-off and may the best team win!
Upcoming Match Previews & Tips
- SlipsTips Tips: Turkey vs Italy Bet Builder
- Fri 8.00pm – Turkey v Italy Match Preview & Tips
- Sat 12.00pm – Torquay Utd v Notts County Match Preview & Tips
- Sat 2.00pm – Wales v Switzerland Match Preview & Tips
- Sat 5.00pm – Denmark v Switzerland Match Preview & Tips
- Sat 8.00pm – Belgium v Russia Match Preview & Tips
- Sat 8.00pm – Sporting Kansas v Austin FC Match Preview & Tips
- Sun 12.00pm – Stockport County v Hartlepool Utd Match Preview & Tips
- Sun 5.00pm – Austria v North Macedonia Match Preview & Tips
- Mon 2.00pm – Scotland v Czech Republic Match Preview & Tips
- Mon 8.00pm – Spain v Sweden Match Preview & Tips
- Mon 10.00pm – Argentina v Chile Match Preview & Tips
Euro 2020 Previews
To help you with your ante-post betting we've a comprehensive range of Euro 2020 Previews. SlipsTips, KevMac and Mark Walker have looked at several angles of approach ahead of the big kick-off so don't miss their thoughts on where to place your hard-earned cash on the ante-post markets.
- Euro 2020 Tips: Group A – Wales Face Tough Route to Knock-Outs
- Euro 2020 Tips: Group B – Belgium To Dig Deep for Group Win
- Euro 2020 Tips: Group C – De Boer’s Men Have The Goal-den Dutch
- Euro 2020 Tips: Group D – Scots 6/4 to Make Some History
- Euro 2020 Tips: Group E – Spanish Eyes On Top of the Table
- Euro 2020 Tips: Group F – Ronaldo Still Key for Portu-goals
- Euro 2020 Tips: Group Stage Accumulator Bets
- Euro 2020 Tips: Player of the Tournament Predictions
- Euro 2020 Tips: Tournament Specials – Scots Can Break the Mould
- Euro 2020 Tips: Outright Winner – Formidable French The Ones to Beat
- Euro 2020 Tips: Top Goalscorer Betting – Look to Lukaku
Name the Finalists
For a bit of fun – and the chance to win £100 – have a go at Desmond's very generous competition where you need to name the finalists for the chance to win the brilliant cash prize.
Friday's Racing Tips
Rizzel has been in brilliant winning form all week and added another two winners on Thursday. He has two selections from Goodwood and York for Friday's racing.
As always, let us know your tips and predictions below for Friday and good luck with all your bets!
The post Friday’s Football Tips: Euro 2020 – It’s All Kicking Off! appeared first on MrFixitsTips.